Sunday 15 February 2015

Unit 1: 5.1 Review and Critique a Short Film Production

I am reviewing the other groups short film "New year solution". I really enjoyed this film, as I felt that the story was really original. The pacing I felt was especially good, and there was one dolly shot that I really liked as it gave the whole production a really professional feel.The obvious psychological battle was portrayed well through the metaphor of making it physical. The art design was done really well as it really gave the feel of a bleak bedroom, instead of the corporate stairwell where it was filmed. This colour scheme gave the whole tone of the piece a slightly disconcerting feel, as if the audience know something is wrong without anything having actually happened yet. The story was told well without the use of much dialogue, the visual codes told the majority of the plot and created depth around the main character, and his situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment